Monday, October 10, 2005

Fun @ church

I brought my niece to church last Sunday (Oct 9) cos she was sleeping over at my parents place over the weekend. I sort of asked her whether she wanna go church with me and I bring her over to the sunday school (Sugarbun 1-6 years of age). My niece ask her mom whether can she follow her Yee-Yee (aunty) to church and my sis allows of course.. wanna know why.. so she can sleep in longer and not interrupt by her daughter. hehe.
I woke up my niece after I'm done bathin. I quietly asked her whether she wanna go, its about 8:05am at that time, and she answered me "Don't want.." and showing me the sleepy look in her eyes and went straight back to sleep. I went down stairs to blow my hair and about 10mins later, I heard a room door close, I thought to myself... it could be my bro-in-law cos my sis told my parents that he had to work on sunday but then, it turn out to be my niece. So I asked her again, "So you wanna go church with me today?" and she answered "Yes!". I have to quickly get her upstairs and bath her and get her ready.As I was bathin my niece, my dad woke up, just in time to help me prepare 2 slices of bread, one for my niece and one for myself, and make a bottle of milk for her as well.
After that, we head to church. As usual, the first thing I would do is to get all the things ready for the sunday service as in getting pastor's sermon slide notes and statistic counter and passing them to those on duty (LCD in-charge and Counter in-charge). Was abit difficult to run around when there's someone following you wherever you go. hehe.
When comes to Praise and Worship.. my niece was standing on the chair so that she can watch the tambourine dancers. She's so Bigoo.ws images for your blog , standing there and watching and try to immitate what people do like lifting up of hands with eyes closing. Lots of people approached me and say "Wow! she have beautiful eyes... her eyes very big... she's so pretty.. and etc.." As for my niece, she'll shy away and don't dare to speak unless I ask her to call people.
Just before pastor come out to preach, the chairperson will pray for all the children and teachers and the whole congregation will pray together with hands stretching out to them and my niece followed exactly what I did. ^_^ After the prayer, I brought her to Sugarbun room. Uncle Lincoln was sharing about Noah and the Ark. He was funny and children was very much enjoy it. My niece was very shy at the moment but she get along after that (with her Yee-Yee around, she'll be fine) and know what, she participated herself to be one of the animals and be brought up to the boat. hehe. cute hor. After that, Uncle Lincoln settle them down and tell them story and asked them question like "What did Noah do in the Ark?", "Did you helped your mommy and daddy at home?", "What did you helped out in?" and so on... Some kids say they helped in mopping the floor, sweeping the floor, wash car, wash tire and so on.. and know what my niece say... she helped in cleaning the toilet and she got herself a jelly. hehe. Amazing right! I wanted her to say helped in folding the clothes but then, she's faster than I am. hehe.
After that, the children did a art work. Aunty Eloise made paper bags and cut out some animal shapes (just the head), there's Winnie the Pooh, the Rabbit, the Owl, and Tigger.Bigoo.ws images for your blog The children suppose to cut following the line that Aunty Eloise had fold and paste them on the paper bag. Making their own animal face puppet. Quite nice. After that, everyone was given a packet of Mamee. My niece shared with me. hehe. We went back after that. Will show the picture of the puppet later. Forgot to bring my camera to church to take pictures of my niece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, what a great blog.
I enjoyed it very much.
Take a look at my wedding gifts related site.

~ HöOVéRBélL a.k.a BéCKz ~ said...

hey, nice blog... hahaa, i also like my blogs with cartoons so that not so bored when reading it... kekekkekee

about the bad dreams, sometimes i will experience it when i watch too much tv.. so did u watch any scary movie recently? other than that, pray before going to bed loh, coz God will grant us sleep, He wants to... =)

hope u can rest well this week, i know how u feel when not enough rest and work in the office...

God bless u sis...

flynngie said...

i can sleep well although i watch scary movies. if its too scary.. somehow it'll go away after a few minutes. guess its not scary movies gua. ya, guess i have to pray before i go to bed. thanks for the advice becks. God bless U too. Hugs!