Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

First off... Happy New Year to ALL my fellow bloggers and readers and also my BB... ^_^

Had a very long holiday with BB. Took leave from Dec 24, 08 to Jan 1, 09.

I came back from PG on New Year eve (Dec 31, 08), BB fetched me home and he spent his New Year in PJ. We left PG around 1+pm and reached home bout 6pm. "Why such long hours?" you asked. There's an accident at 417, we were stuck there for more than an hour, cause by a truck which over turns (3 lanes becomes 1 lane). We were supposed to reach home by 5pm and thought we could get some rest before we head out to 1 Utama for the countdown. Didn't get to rest much, reached home, drop the luggage and head to the showers and out we go. Manage to find a carpark and went for dinner at Canton-i. Food was ok but the drinks are over-rated. Too pricey. It's our first time to celebrate New Year eve at 1 Utama, previous years we went to Curve. Justin (HK artistes) was there, presented a few songs after the countdown and fireworks. Didn't get to see him upclose cos the place was so crowded.
I tell you... the fireworks was so awesome at 1 Utama. The view of it is so close to us (actually its TOO close to the audience), it was really amazing. All around, you can only hear people saying, "Wow!". But then hor, some of the people stand too close, they nearly got injured by the star dust. BB and I were like, "Hmm... we better back-off a little bit." ^_^
Spray cans and party foams were not allowed at 1 Utama, which I think its good, unlike Curve. For 2 yrs, we've been to Curve for New Year eve, the place is crazy. Some of the people use the spray cans even before the countdown. Some of them over played and got into fights. And I read the newspaper, some of them even got jailed for it... shaking passerbys car and spraying on their cars. *sigh* It's too much.

On Jan 1st, we went window shopping la. Nothing much. Walk around shopping malls..

Back to work on Jan 2, 09 and the funny thing is, I have 2 helpers with me (after lunch) but I don't have work for them to do. ^_^ I thought that we would have bulletin for the Combined Service on the first Sunday, that's why I asked my BB and my niece to come but to find out later before lunch that there won't be any bulletin. Well, they still accompany me in office. My niece still gets to use my notebook to play her games and BB also gets to check his emails and surf the web. I tried to finish off my work early, got home and we played badminton for awhile. Know what type of racket I used to play... the mosquito zapper! *haha* And my right hand is in pain cos that zapper is bit heavy and another thing is, I haven't been playing badminton for a long time. After dinner, went to this new Carrefour at Ken Damansara. Checking out the new mall.

On Sat, went to Pyramid. Walked for few hours and head to BK at Kelana Giant (cos its on the way) and after dinner, we went to meet my sis and her kids at Carrefour again. BB said, we are Mall hoppers. *haha*

Sunday, attended Service cos I was on duty. BB didn't go with me, he needs to sleep in cause he'll be going back to PG in the afternoon. After Sunday service, BB came to pick me up and we went to Fullhouse @ NZX for lunch. Head back home after a short walk around that place.

*sigh* Started to miss BB liau. Spent the longest holiday with him this round.. (12 days). Although we didn't travel to different States, its the time we spent together that matters. For now, I'm looking forward for the CNY holidays. ^_^ Need to apply leave before its too late.

No comments: