Wednesday, July 23, 2008

DPM

DPM (Dawn Prayer Meeting) started yesterday, same goes to the 40-day Fast & Pray for the Nation from July 22 - Aug 31, 2008.
I totally forgot about it till I reach office on Tuesday... actually I was telling Cyn bout it on Monday cos I went out for lunch with her. I went down to KL by LRT to look for her cos her company near KLCC, so its easy for me.
Well, I didn't join the DPM although I wanted to cos the pastors/leaders are sharing on the book of Revelation, interesting topic. Just that couldn't wake up la - body lazy.
So I'm fasting lunch - taking Daniel fast (e.g. only vege, fruits & water), which I've been doing that for the past few years. Tried fasting without taking anything except water, cannot, stomach upset. So have to go for Daniel fast lor, at least there's something to munch on.
I didn't prepare much though, as in bring fruits or salad for lunch... I'm just taking milo and water to keep my stomach from *growling* ^_^"
Anyway, will probably buy some fruits from pasar malam this Thursday. Oh! I was telling my BB that the 40-days started... and told him that I'm fasting. He text me last night and here's our conversation...
BB: "Then cannot eat durian lor, plan to bring you eat on Fri, Sat & Sun."
me: "Can... durian is a fruit ma.."
BB: "Then cannot go eat duck rice & 'kai keok'"
me: "Can still eat 'kai keok'... dinner ma... I'm fasting lunch only ma. As for the duck rice... hmm... can skip one meal geh..."
BB: "Huh! You plan to fast when you're coming to PG ah...!"
me: ..... erm erm ...... o_O"

*haha* Of course I'm not going to fast during my stay in PG la... but then I cannot eat so much la.. ^_^
Can't wait for next week... took a day leave...

2 comments:

~cYn~ said...

so funny lah both of your conversation...but really loh, it's really a waste if you are fasting n going to penang (food paradise!!!)...it looks as if filion is tempting you...hahahaha

flynngie said...

ya la.. he purposely kena me.. tempt me with durian summore.. so bad..