Monday, June 16, 2008

Paying a visit

Went to DUMC (Damansara Utama Methodist Church) on Sunday morning (Jun 15, 08) with 2 of my friends. Well, I know I'm suppose to be in my own church during special events like this. Anyhow, was there to teman 2 of my friends la and I haven't been to DUMC's new church building, so went there to look see.
Was impressed by the usher and the building. Its really huge, and it looks like a cinema setting. The usher was great, all dressed in red jacket and the worship team all dressed in black jacket with tie as well, even some musician have to wear tie and jacket. Really organized. Atmosphere of the church was great, can feel the passion when Pr Daniel Ho delivers his msg.
They started on time for Praise & Worship (sang 3 songs), then it was baptism time. It was abit weird to have baptism during service cos it'll take up time (there's 19 ppl baptizing that morning) and they were also having this welcoming new members into the church. All of it was very organized and I was truly amazed, bit strict too. If you want to served in their church, you have to be in a Cell first, whatever you want to do, like in courtship with gf/bf, getting married and etc... all have to go through Cell first.
Their baptism pool in right below the stage and everyone was witnessing their baptism. But I can't imaging what if there's like 50+ members wanted to get baptize... how can they cope with the crowd? *head scratching*
Anyway, the whole auditorium was packed (except the top level) and they even put in the statistic of the church attendance every week. They have 2 services, one on Sat @ 5pm and the other service is on Sun @ 10am.
They had a cafeteria right outside, we had our breakfast there. Observing what other people do and we follow so that we won't be like a total stranger. haha.
It was fun visiting different church, usually attend another church is either for Conference or concerts not for Sunday service.
The only church that I attended so far was City Harvest Church, SG. Queue to get into the hall... this is my only experience so far. Its amazing to see them hunger for God and the passion.
That's all I wanna say. Got to stop here so that I can continue watching my HK series. haha. adios!

No comments: