Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hillsong United Live @ KL

Manage to reach GTPJ on time. Before I even talk about the concert, I just want to testify one thing.
After our dinner (we had dinner @ Jaya One), then we went off to look for the church cos we took the wrong turning (which we ended up makan first before looking for the church). As we were driving along the same street as GT (in my head I was thinking where to get carpark at this hour & concert is about to start), then I immediately saw a guy press for his car, but by the time I told Cyn she already passed by it and she can't stop the car or even reversed. So I told her to quickly make a U-turn in front of the building. While she was making that U-turn, I claim for that car park to be ours. Guess what... the car haven't even leave his lot! So we waited for awhile while that guy reversed his car and the best thing is, the carpark isn't far from GT entrance, Praise the Lord! Oh and one more thing is to thank God for giving me the opportunity to go for this concert... and thanks to Cyn for not giving up hope to look for the tickets. ^_^

the concert starts

The Pastor mention that there's about 3000++ people packed in the auditorium. Alot of them were standing right in front. We stand behind cos it's bit stuffy to go in front and I think it'll be all sweaty and you know... smelly. haha. They started on time @ 8pm. We stand throughout the concert. It was awesome... presence of God was strong and youths were crazy, jumping up and down, singing and shouting on top of their lungs. haha. I felt refresh after going for it.

not suppose to snap photos or video shoot during the concert but no one seem to listen... lots of people still snapping away

Joel mentioned a friend of his who is diagnose with cancer 2 and half years ago, written a song bout Faith. The song really touched me alot, especially when I think about JX case, who is still recovering from his sickness at home. Same goes to Joel's friend, Mike, who's suppose to have 6mths to live (which is 2 yrs ago) but he's still alive - resting at home. Guess God is doing some miracles in these lives, not letting them go yet til they finish the race.
When Joel was praying for those people who raised their hands, I prayed for JX too... speaking life into his soul, his body, and his mind. Command the disease to leave his body. I was in tears as I sang along and I just felt God's love so strong.
As I opened my eyes, reading every line of the lyrics, somehow there's a doubt in me. Not doubting the power of God to heal people but the people surrounding me.
A thought came to me (right after the pastor shared a short message and asking for salvation), my mind was asking "How true can these people be in worship? Are they really worshiping or they are just stirring up the atmosphere cos it's "Hillsong = guai lou"?" And thinking that if this concert were in other country (e.g SG), I'm sure there's hundreds of people raised up their hands to accept God. Sad to say, only a handful put up their hands.
I know I'm not suppose to judge or make such comment, for who am I to judge cos God is the only righteous man to do so. All I can say is that whatever seeds that has planted in their life... let it grow on a fine ground and not on rocks.
I took some video shoot of the atmosphere in the concert but sad to say... the loading was very slow and it doesn't seem to work. So will try it in office to load it up, will post it ASAP! Be patience ya!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are not alone having thoughts like that about the people around you. Me too as well :)

flynngie said...

these thoughts always appears when u're around with thousands of youths jumping n screaming.. except for events that involves speaker like Benny Hinn n etc. u won't find doubt at places like that.. if u know what i mean..