Monday, August 04, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Just got back from Penang today. The bus that I sat to Penang was the old bus, so the seat isn't that comfy and moreover on the day of my departure from PJ... lots of youngsters on the bus. Bus was full, same goes to my departure from PG. So weird that the bus was full, even my friend didn't get to buy the bus ticket from BU-PG, he has to buy from KL-PG instead (thought we could chat on the bus together).
Trip was great...! Its more like a durian road-trip to me *haha* Ate durian on the day I arrive... BB took to me his favourite stall at Balik Pulau (will post the photos later, snap a few only). Then we went to Queensbay Mall for a short walk, just to kill time (was a little sleepy cos ate durian). Went home, rest for awhile before we head for dinner, we went to my favourite 'kai keok' and wan tan mee for dinner and after that rush home to watched So You Think You Can Dance Live Finale @ Ruums, KL (BB want to watch.. cos he follows it every week, for me, I didn't watched at all). Stayed home throughout the night watching tv only la.
On Saturday, went to my another favourite food shop-they sell duck, chicken, char siew, siew yuk & siew cheong *yummy* I didn't snap picture of it la... busy eating. After lunch, went to a shopping mall @ Butterworth cos BB got RM100 free vouchers to spent. After that we went for durian hunting @ Kulim, I slept for awhile in the car *hehe* (his boss recommended a durian stall but that stall no durian, probably late liau). And later went to a stall that BB usually goes after work... and sad to say, the durian all sold out. BB was bit disappointed la... so he called his ex-colleague out for dinner, his friend suppose to joined us for durian hunting too but he had bit of sore throat so he skipped and asked us out for dinner instead. Went for chicken rice ball cum 'lok-lok' @ Butterworth. Its weird to have 'lok-lok' and chicken rice balls under one roof. Anyway, the 'lok-lok' not nice... the sauce not good enough, bit tasteless. Chow Yang pasar malam taste better... *hehe* Right after dinner, we sent E back home and lingered at his house for awhile, see the dog that he adopted and BB wanna see his car (sprayed new paint). On our way out, we saw a durian stall, E said this guy took durian from different places. Well, both BB & myself got down from the car and look at the durians... BB bought 2 biji, can't remember whats the name of the durian... (sorry no photos) it taste good and it cost rm17! Quite satisfy la since we didn't get to eat in the afternoon. We got home about 8:30pm, thought of going to Gurney Mall to buy some kids clothes for my nephew and niece but not enough time. So we waited for the time to pass at home cos we're going for movie at Gurney @ 11:30pm (watched The Mummy). Well, it was another good movie, hardly see Jet Li in movies like this... so as Michelle Yeoh. Movie was funny in a few parts... and some parts were edited *sigh* Recommended movie la... compare to The Dark Knight - heard lots of comments on that movie.
As for Sunday, we had McD's for lunch *haha* cos I want the limited edition Beijing Olympics cup, I got the swimming one cos I love swimming. After lunch, BB called his dad, asked him whether he wants durian-thought of going to Butterworth to buy. His dad prefer to go there and eat but we just had our lunch so we went home-rest for awhile till 2:30pm. Reach the durian stall bout 3pm, had our lovely fruit (sorry no photos again..) and off we go to Sunway Carnival Mall to kill time. After window shopping, we went for dinner... (yes! early dinner) at bout 5:00pm. Went home, saw that their neighbour asked some indian fella to helped cut off some branches that blocks his house. So BB's dad asked them to help chopped off a tree in their house and that tree took them 2hours to chopped it off cos they don't have proper tool - used axe and parang (the indian guys were there since 4pm and till 8:30pm). That indian fella don't know how to chop tree, suppose to aim at one position but he go chopped around, so the tree could fall on any where. Know what, the tree fell on the fence and ended on the neighbours house. Thank God it didn't hit on anything, just on the fence. After the whole thing, we manage to go Gurney mall, just to grab a set of clothes for my nephew and a tshirt for my niece. After that we went to have our supper at a nearby restaurant called Crepe Cottage, food was good (this one got photos *haha* post up later) recommended-they served western food and heard that their desserts very good, I didn't get to try cos was full.
As for Monday, BB had to work in the morning cos he took half day. I woke up about 10:30am, showered and went down to make myself a cup of milo and ate a slice of the honey bacon that I bought while waiting for BB to come back. He came back bout 1pm, and we went for lunch nearby his house. Went home bout 2:30pm and we watched DVD till 4:20pm.
There goes my weekend at Penang! Will post some of the photos later...
Oh ya! I had a bad news... When I reach home... I was checking on my hermit crabs. Know what, one of my hermit crab died (the one with a lost 'gong' and leg). There was this stinky smell when I opened the container... and when I took up the shell I saw there's some brown water inside the shell. Confirm dead *sob-sob* Before I leave to PG, it was hiding inside its shell, not wanting to come out *sigh* BB wanna buy me a new hermit crab but I decline, I'll just stick to what I have for now. :-(

No comments: