Monday, August 25, 2008

'CAN DO' Church Camp 08

It's been almost a week now since I came back from Church Camp. Wanted to blog bout it but feel lazy to do so. I finished watching a Hong Kong series on Sunday, after church service, went back and watched till 1:30am. Well, not that I didn't learn anything from camp... just that I don't know how to put them into words (lots of stuff running around my mind).




Pr Kindah (camp speaker from Australia), he's really a joker. We only had 4 sessions with him cos our camp is only 3Days 2Nights and most of the sessions, he'll try to joke around with some of our Pastor's. What I felt about him was, a great speaker (although he comes a long way), a fatherly figure pastor (I really missed him), no turning around the bushes when he speaks and enjoys laughs and loves being around with young people. Well, he always says that he's only 35 year old (which he's 60+).
He reminded me of a speaker during one of the Combined Church Camp few years back, which has the same fatherly figure... Dr. Samuel Doctorian (by his look, you'll thought that he's santa clause *giggles*). Why santa clause? Cos he has this white long beard with chubby face and not really that tall figure and he did say that some children mistakenly thought he's santa *haha* Can you imagine that!
I was sitting next to Pr Kindah most of the sessions cos was helping with the Visual, and to oversee my team members. On the first night session, I was a little nervous cos I was the first to be on duty (being the team leader in visual, I always take the first session) and sitting next to him, gives me the chills. He was sharing the 'CAN DO' cultures, the 'CAN DO' spirit... (of course la... if not why we call our camp theme 'CAN DO' Church). He shares bout 'How to Overcome our Obstacles to receive our miracles from God', 'The Power of the United Mind', 'Generosity' and 'Breaking through limitations'. He also shares a few testimonies and some jokes in between some of his notes.

On Monday morning, I was sitting with E.V overseeing her with the visual and telling her which topic Pr Kindah is sharing on. We were so paying attention in filling up the answers in his notes and he joke around with me. He said with the Aussie slang "Aw! Angie & her friend, you got to follow me kay, I promise I'll give you a set of books and my notes end of the day". Everyone laughs and of course we know that he's joking with us, so we quickly put down our notes. After the session, he told S to give me a set of his books, I was like "I thought he was joking!". I did receive his books (there's 2 titles) and I gave one to E.V cos she was also on duty, not fair for me to take 2 of it. After that during lunch, I went to the dining area to return a cd to him and I was holding his book wanting to get him to sign but he was bit busy and telling S bout the answers on his notes. I walked away but he called me back, knowing that I wanted him to sign his book. He's so good!
Anyway, after lunch we had some activities planned out for campers. Well, not many people attend (I'm one of them.. oops!). I went for a swim. After lunch, the Yap sisters and myself went around the campsite to take pictures, just to digest all the food (I tell you, the food is just heavenly... great food, great room, & etc). The games start at 1:45pm at the hall, so the Yap sisters went for the games except me, I went back to my room to change and head to the pool. Good choice that I went for a swim cos the pool wasn't crowded, I swam from 1:45 - 4pm. Playing with the kids and of course I did swim la... a few laps. The pool is just lovely.That's all for now... can't think of anything more to write. ^_^ Time passes so fast and feels like not enough. Wish we could have back our 4Days camp... spent time soaking in God's presence.

No comments: