Thursday, April 03, 2008

Being stir to write

Ever since my friend started blogging and me reading through their blogs... it stirs me to write something here. Sheesh! Tempted! *giggles*
Well, last nite I joined the prayer meeting in my church cos I'm on Visual duty (confession time: I only go when I'm on duty.. oops!) and to sacrifice my American Idol on Channel 711, although I can still watch the 11:30pm repeat but it'll be late when it ends (not that I sleep early.. duh!)

So I stayed back in church and went IT shopping with my colleague just after working hours.

Prayer Meeting starts @ 8:30pm, the meeting was alright until Pr R asked Uncle F to talk bout his son's health. To rewind abit, his son was suffering with some sickness.. don't know what it called. Somehow there's virus or bacteria floating in his blood, so he needs lots of antibiotic to kill off those bacteria (not every antibiotic suits that bacteria). So it causes his left arm and legs to be weak and numb. He was actually discharged last week and resting at home but somehow another bacteria got into his blood and need to admit into hospital again and having high fever. And yesterday he was discharged, now at home resting, Praise God!

So as pastors and church member lay hands on Uncle F to pray for his family and his son... I was sitting at the computer table stretching my hands and pray. I felt a sense of love and my tears started flowing down. Tears of compassion (that's what I felt), as I asked God to strengthens the family and giving them peace and joy in the house. Wherelse the pastors and members are cursing the demonic spirits that in Uncle F's son and casting out the fever and bacteria's. I don't usually feel this way when praying but yesterday was exceptional.

Need to continue to believe that God's healing power is in our hands. Jesus has given us the authority to cast out demons and lay hands on the sick... so we need to believe that too. Peter is the only person (after Jesus' death), to heal few thousands of people (blind, deaf & disables) although he's the first to denied Christ 3 times but in the end he repented and do the work of Christ.

Continue to believe that God is at work when we believe that HE CAN heal. Amen!

1 comment:

~cYn~ said...

Well, you sacrificed your American Idol :) and God touched you. Not everyone has compassion, only when you have the love of Jesus cos' we do not see others with our human eye but spiritual eyes. Continue to have compassion for others and shine for Jesus, gie! 'Gan ban tei' :P