Wednesday, January 11, 2006

day out with Grace...

I went out with Grace yesterday to KL cos its a public holiday. She teman me to go Pudu and buy bus ticket for my Penang trip. After getting the ticket, we went for early lunch bout 11:30am @ Lai Fong restaurant... Grace ate beef noodle and I had chicken rice. *yum yum*
After our yummy lunch, we took a bus (yea.. bus! its been 4 years I've never sit a public bus) to Sg. Wang. Actually our next destination is to go Low Yat Plaza to search for mp3 player. Saw a mp4 player on the net which is quite good, so my purpose is to check out the features and see how big is the player but unfortunately, couldn't find it.
So we went walking around the level, continue to search and scouting around and comparing the prices. Saw a guy playing with a mp4, looks nice cos big screen (2.5inch), so I ask him how much is it cost.. he told me 256mb = rm429 and 512mb = rm499 or something like that. I got a shock and I straightaway brush off that model on my mind and continue scouting. Went to a shop that sells only mp3/mp4 player.. lots of choices and cool design. Saw the same model that the guy uses on the display, so I went and ask the lady. The model that she's selling is different price compare to the earlier one that I saw... well, its infact cheaper. 256mb = rm399 and 512mb = rm499. I didn't buy it immediately of course.. went scouting and comparing price again. Still couldn't find the mp3/mp4 that I want.. so I ask Grace's opinion. She said the mp4 player not bad. So we went back to the same shop and ask for the model but when we were there... lots of people crowding the shop. Something funny happen at that time.
There's a girl and a guy standing in front of me and she's holding a mp3.. like she's there for enquiry or needed services. So both Grace and I were just standing there waiting for them to finish with their matter.

The conversation goes like this... (both parties speaks mandarin)
Shop Owner: Can I help you?
Lady: There's something wrong with my mp3. Couldn't start and couldn't charge as well..
SO: (opens the battery compartment and got a shock)
L: (looking at him innocently)
SO: Miss ah... I don't think there's anything wrong with your mp3 player. The battery you use probably runs out.
L: Oh! Then how do I go about it? How can I charge?
SO: You can't charge this battery cos its not rechargeable. You're suppose to throw the battery away once its finish.
(people around witnessing the conversation trying to hold their laughter.. just smile away. even the retail sales girl was holding in)
L: Erm... then what should I do?
SO: Its either you buy a normal battery or (he went to get a rechargeable battery set) you can get a rechargeable battery like this one.
L: Oh! Then how much is the rechargeable battery cost?
SO: rm35.
L: How long am I suppose to charge it and how long can it last?
SO: Aiyo... it depends how much you use it lor... (showing abit of frustration) and for first time user... charge it for 15hrs.
L: (took the rechargeable battery and show to the guy thats next to her... discussing bout it..) Ok la... I'll get one. Thanks.

So, what did u think about this conversation.. I didn't make it up ya.. its real conversation between shop owner and the lady. hehe. Well, I think the girl come from those kampung kampung place or from China. haha. No offence for those people from China la.. sorry ya!
Oh.. btw, I bought the mp4 player from them. Pretty good. I like it alot.. haha.. converted a movie file to ASF. file and its in my mp4. haha. yay! happy happy!

No comments: