Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dogs


My favourite pet is Dogs. I grew up loving them. My dad took care quite a number of different dogs ever since I'm a child (i think around 3-4 yrs old). My family somehow have this bond with dogs... I remember having a dog which my uncle gave us (can't remember the breed, quite tall and fury) the funny thing is... the dog was like same height as me when I was young (when the dog sit, so u can imagine how tall la). I can't remember what happen to the dog, I think my dad gave it away cos' the female dog was pregnant. I never seem to remember things in detail especially my early years, like memory lost somewhere in space. haha.
As I grow up, different dogs came into my life... dogs came into my house, dogs that lost their family, dogs that gone astray or kick out by their owner (fyi, those dogs are nice & obedient, not those pariah dogs). I remember there's one time a dog came to my hse (she lost her owner), and we kept her for a few days until we find her owner. My dad would bring her out, walk her around the neighborhood and ask around whether there's anyone looking for a dog. Well, after 2-3 days, we finally found the dogs owner, she was so happy... (both owner & pet) it makes you feel happy too. There's a few more incident like that happen, just last year... we found a Cocker Spaniel nearby my hse. I somehow lure the dog into my hse cos I'm afraid cars would bang her. I have bad experience about dogs being bang by cars cos one of my favourite dog (Kiko) was being knock down by a careless driver back in 3yrs ago, he died on the spot. I was really sad although I'm not around to witness it. But then, last year, my female dog (Yuki) had the same accident. Well, that was my dog and partly my fault too cos she ran out and I yelled at her. She was actually running back to me and this car didn't notice her and bang her. I was deeply crushed that time, can't seem to cry out (holding my tears) my dad wasn't around, so I quickly called my brother to fetch Yuki to the Pet Clinic. Well, thank God, she's ok, no fractured bones and she's well in my hse now. oh ya, back to the Cocker Spaniel, we can't seem to find the owner cos no one seem to be looking for her, so I gave her away to one of my church members fren cos my mom been nagging both me and my dad alot ever since the dog at home.
Oh ya, I have another dog (his name is Brownie, before I got Kiko & Yuki). This dog of mine, he's very naughty but then he's the joy in my family. There's one time, he had this thing called heart enlargement, we sent him to the clinic and the doc say he need to be put to sleep cos it can't be cured but again there's a choice la.. either to put him to sleep or take him home and take care of him. All of us cried cos we don't want him to be put to sleep and its not fair la, so we all agreed to take him home. Me and my dad took care of him, bought the can food and the tools to feed him. He couldn't really walk cos he's weak, so I have to bring him out to the garden and let him do his business and then bring him back inside the hse. We continue this thing for a few weeks and one day, out of my surprise... he started to walk, we were so happy that he recovered and the joy that he brings into my hse... but again... he's back to his naughty behavior la. hehe.. there's also another sad incident, we usually let him run out of the hse cos he knows how to come back whenever he's done with his business. But there's one day, he ran out and never comes back. I cried and went looking for him for 2 days but can't seem to find him. So, we thought he might have lost his way or someone took him away and things like that. After 3 days, while I was sitting at my living room and my back door is open cos my dad was cooking at that time. Suddenly a dog came running in from the back... I was so shocked and thrilled to see him and can't wait to hold him but then, he's so dirty and smelly, I took him for a bath. Some say that he might have gone to "kau lui" cos dog got instinct of female having period, so he went to court female dogs. haha.. but then was glad to see him la. Brownie died in old age in my hse. Its indeed sad to see him passed away. Well, happy moments comes and go.. I do have lots of happy moments with Brownie. He live the longest in my family among my other dogs, I think around 13-14yrs. He's the only dog that I will never forget.

No comments: